General Clerk II
Under general supervision, provide routine and non-routine administrative support services.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
1. Prepares, reviews and distributes muster daily, command personnel alpha (officer/enlisted/civilian), division list, and recall bill.
2. Processes all personnel and higher authority unit awards approval/disapproval by the CIDD OIC
3. Reviews all awards, makes corrections, and proofreads all awards and forwards award recommendations to OIC for review and signature. Forwards awards to higher authority for approval, maintains an awards file, forwards copy of award to PSD for entry into member’s service records
4. Processes all military fitness, evaluation reports, and letters of continuation, and PIMs for completeness and forwards to reporting senior for signature. Prepares and maintains military fitness, evaluation, and notifies action office of due date. Reviews and proofreads all military fitness reports, evaluation reports, Letters of Extension, and PIMs to appropriate activity, and forwards copies as appropriate
5. Provides copy of overseas screening form for members and forwards to DETMC and OIC for approval. Submits overseas screening forms to PSD with transfer package for processing
6. Prepares promotion or selection notifications, and related acceptance documents, frocking letters and advancement certifications as appropriate
7. Provides support for the military sponsor program. Receives notification of prospective gain, mails welcome aboard packages
8. Processes all receipts and transfers for military personnel of the activity
9. Manages the leave control program via NSIPS for the personnel of the activity
10. Provides office automation support services, which include but not limited to fax machine, reproduction machines, and shredders. Operates the equipment per manufacturer’s instructions and renders assistance to personnel using equipment, if needed. Provides operator assistance for malfunctioning machines (paper jams, etc) and arranges for repairs beyond the scope of this contract.
11. Fills in for the OIC/DETMC secretary on an as needed basis
12. Provides customer assistance to callers and visitors
13. Performs CPC duties as the representative for matters affecting pay, transportation, advancement, service record maintenance for both staff and students, and attends meetings
14. Provides assistance for pay and personnel matters
15. Coordinates with PSD to ensure student personnel receive per diem payments in a timely manner
16. Processes documents and submit to PSD/PERS/NDAWS for service record entries
17. Assists in the preparing and routing of Page 13’s and frocking letters for advancements
18. Attends monthly CPC meetings via DCO and/or telephone conference to remain current on policy changes
19. Utilizes the NPC Share Portal in processing all documentation to be submitted to PSD
20. Receives, opens and reviews all incoming correspondence, determining proper routing, rerouting as required, sorting into action and non-action categories. Routes non-action material to proper office
21. Prepares route slips for action correspondence, annotating correspondence control log, and making distribution. Monitors correspondence suspense files, notifying all departments/divisions having overdue action items, and prepare a weekly tickler for distribution to all departments/divisions. Annotates the tickler report as changes occur and remove and destroy action route slips
22. Initiates and prepares outgoing correspondence in accordance with originator instructions and the Navy Correspondence Manual and reviews for completeness and correctness. Ensures all typed correspondence in proofread and the routing annotated on the routing transmittal
23. Assembles all correspondence in correct sequence, sends prepared correspondence to the appropriate person through the command’s applicable routing chain for signature, and tracks all outgoing action correspondence and end tracer if necessary
24. Assigns a serial number, affix date, prepare label, prepare mailing container, if necessary, makes appropriate number of copies required by the activity, with all enclosures, and delivers to the United States Postal Service (USPS) or commercial mail service
25. Prepares envelopes with proper address in accordance with postal regulations and the SNDL. Conserves postage through consolidation and other means available and forward all completed, properly addressed mail. Maintains a reproducible master copy of all action and official correspondence, to include all enclosures and attachments, provides reprographic services as required
26. Purges the correspondence file annually, retiring semi-active records to the storage areas and destroy records when they are no longer needed
27. Prepares travel orders including MEDEVAC and notify requesting office when orders are ready. Makes all travel arrangements and reservations for the individual concerning airline tickets, rental cars and hotels or BEQ/BOQ. Checks all travel claims for completeness and accuracy, advises the traveler of any omissions, and submits request to PSD. Assists the traveler and PSD to ensure prompt filing of the travel claim and/or resolution of problems arising during liquidation. Travel claims must be forwarded to PSD within five working days of gain
28. Processes and reviews requests for new or revised directives/instructions, prepares directives/instructions, and insert all attachments and comments. Reviews final directives/instructions, obtains signature or approving authority, prepares reproduction request, or copy of directives/instructions for distribution, develops a history file for each new directive/instruction not held. Conducts an annual review of directives/instructions
29. Receives and reviews all articles to be published in the Plan of the Week, prepares and submits to appropriate party for review, obtains signature and makes distribution
· Excellent communication and customer service skills.
· Ability to organize
· Strong attention to detail
· Microsoft Word, excel and work processing software skills
· Ability to multi-task
· Active DoD Security clearance required.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years previous experience performing administrative duties.
· SysCom, Inc. staff, executives and management.
· Serves as liaison between department and other departments as well as with outside customers, regulatory personnel, and organizations, etc.