This position mustprovide a clean, comfortable, and welcoming environment for all students, staff,and visitors to Doss Aviation. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditionswhich help inhibit odors and the transference of germs. She/he may be requiredto perform tasks, which involve exposure to blood or other bodily fluids. Thehousekeeper must follow required procedures for securing, clean up, anddisposition of such materials, in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne PathogenStandard and other safety guidelines instituted by SysCom. She/he must be avery detailed and customer service oriented individual. Following through onany issues or requests brought to your attention is vital.
This position demandsgood physical and mental health. The housekeeper will be required to lift,carry, walk, sit, push, pull and beavailable to work a flexible schedule. She/he must be responsible forattendance, punctuality and consistent work performance during scheduled worktimes.
• Properand safe operation of cleaning equipment such as chemical applicators, vacuumsor ozone machines.
• Maintainstudent rooms, hallways, and housekeeping areas in a sanitary and germ-freecondition through washing, cleaning,and replacement of necessary materials, supplies, linens, and equipment.
• Responsiblefor disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
• Musthandle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with allregulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc. Beknowledgeable in the use of proper protective equipment and always cognizant of the location of the nearest MSDS binder.
• Utilizetime management skills in organizing work day, ensuring assigned tasks will becompleted in a timely fashion.
• Changelinens, dust furniture, light fixtures, clean appliances, dust baseboards andrestock rooms as scheduled.
• Emptytrash containers daily.
• Wetmop floors in room bathrooms and vacuum carpets as scheduled.
• Cleanwash basins, mirrors, toilets, tubs, and showers as scheduled.
• Checkall vacant rooms as scheduled to keep fresh.
• Cleanall air vents, heaters, and exhaust vents
• Reportany needed repairs immediately to your supervisor (such as leaky faucets, toilets,loose tile, missing parts, furniture needing repair, or any othermaintenance issues) and follow work order submission procedure.
• Checkarea for spills, water, etc. periodically, and report any problems to yoursupervisor.
• Followinstructions on use of all cleaning solutions and chemicals. All procedures foruse will be included in employeetraining.
• Clean,organize, personalize, and restock your assigned cart, and assigned equipment.
• Encouragedto suggest ideas or changes in housekeeping for increased efficiency and costeffectiveness.
• Usesafety precautions in all areas of housekeeping service and encourage others todo the same.