Secretary II - Administrative Support Services
Provide high-level administrative support for a fast-paced environment. Handle more complex responsibilities, such as reviewing incoming documents, conducting research, and preparing reports.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
1. Update and maintain command directory and activity telephone directory.
2. Prepare, review, and distribute muster reports.
3. Process all personnel and higher authority unit awards for approval/disapproval by the awards board.
4. Review personnel awards, proofread for errors, edit, and make corrections and forward Award recommendations to Commanding Officer for review and signature and approval.
5. Maintain an awards file, prepare awards for ceremony, forward copy of award to NETC for entry into the NDAWS and member's service record. Forward civilian awards to the appropriate HRO.
6. Process staff military fitness reports, evaluation reports, Letters of Extension and Performance Information Memorandum (PIM) for completeness and forward to reporting senior for signature.
7. Prepare, review, proofread and maintain military fitness reports, evaluations, Letters of Extension and PIM suspense lists and notify action office of due date for regular reports and forward to reporting senior for signature.
8. Mail military fitness reports, evaluation reports, Letters of Extension, and PIM to appropriate activity, and forward copies as appropriate.
9. Proofread and process all officer and enlisted promotions and advancements; prepare promotion, or selection notifications; and, related acceptance documents, frocking letters and advancement certifications as appropriate.
10. Receive notification of prospective gains, request sponsors, and prepare and mail welcome aboard letter and package for each prospective gain.
11. Process all incoming and transferring staff personnel. Maintain file of incoming and outgoing personnel for dissemination at Command Planning Board meetings and update list as necessary using Naval Orders.
12. Manage the military electronic leave control program for staff and student personnel of the activity.
13. Maintain a long-distance phone log and review and verify the Administrative Department's telephone calls.
14. Provide office automation support services, which include but not limited to fax machine, reproduction machines, and shredders. Operate the equipment per manufacturer's instructions and render assistance to personnel using the equipment, if needed. Provide operator assistance for malfunctioning machines (paper jams, etc.) and arrange for repairs.
15. Provide customer assistance to callers or visitors.
· Proficient in Microsoft products (Outlook, MS Word, Excel)
· Ability to learn proprietary software specific to government agencies.
· Effective communication and customer service skills.
· Proficient data entry.
· Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize.
· Strong attention to detail.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum three years of previous experience performing administrative duties.
Previous working experience with Navy/military preferred.
Active secret security clearance required.
· SysCom, Inc. staff, executives and management.
· Serves as liaison between department and other departments as well as with outside customers, regulatory personnel, and organizations, etc.