Provides extensive maintenance and construction skills, knowledge, and abilities to execute tasks in carpentry, roofing, plumbing, painting, electrical and mechanical repair, facilities maintenance, grounds maintenance, general labor, and other duties as required.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
1. Construct, maintain, and repair test articles, structures, and facilities in support of customer requirements. Includes assisting to define short and long term requirements, renovating buildings and offices and conducting routine facility maintenance.
2. Conducts or assists in conducting cost benefit analyses to develop supportable strategic investment recommendations.
3. Provide continuing daily logistical support to include support for meetings and projects.
4. Operates heavy machinery which may include tractors, dump trucks, sweepers, and various types and sizes of trailers.
5. Install, operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and test plumbing systems and equipment to include disposal systems, backflow devices,
6. Coordinate draft plans between staff agencies to ensure a coherent planning effort.
7. Carry out carpentry tasks including independently constructing, installing, repairing, modifying a wide variety of structures and objects.
8. Interpret building plans, specifications, blueprints, sketches, and other guides and codes to ensure compliance.
9. Apply advanced methods to construct irregularly sized and shaped structures requiring precise fitting joints and accurate dimensions.
10. Perform masonry tasks to include construction, maintenance, alteration and repair of concrete structures and surfaces. Determine type of mortar or cement required, calculate component quantities, mix, pour, spread, and level concrete or receive from truck mounted mixers.
11. Prepare interior and exterior component of buildings and structures by mechanically or chemically removing paint, filling, sanding, and painting using brushes, rollers, spray guns, and other application methods. Repair and install roofs consisting of asphalt, tile, slate, roll roofing, felts, and shingles. Remove and replace damaged, rotted, or deteriorated roofs or sections of roofs. Repair leaks
12. Repair and install roofs consisting of asphalt, tile, slate, roll roofing, felts, and shingles. Remove and replace damaged, rotted, or deteriorated roofs or sections of roofs. Repair leaks and install new roofs, flashings, drip edges, and other roofing accessories as required. Operate asphalt kettles and hoists in conjunction with roofing efforts.
13. Perform general repair and preventive maintenance activities to include installation, troubleshooting, repair, and replacement of appliances, equipment, and systems.
14.. Conduct preventive maintenance inspections as required for individual appliance and equipment items. Document and maintain equipment records as in accordance with governing instructions, technical orders, or manuals.
15. Perform grounds maintenance to include operating large mowers, and specialized equipment.
16. Assist in site preparations for hurricane evacuations or other severe weather. Also assists in storm clean-up.
17. Closely adhere with safety practices and procedures in accordance with governing rules and instructions. Properly use required personal protective equipment in accordance with applicable standards. Follow federal, state, and local guidance in handling, storing, using, and disposing of hazardous materials and waste.
18. Position may require overtime and shift work.
- In-depth knowledge installation and maintenance of facilities and associated equipment.
- Ability to apply troubleshooting principles to identify and correct problems.
- Knowledge and experience with carpentry, plumbing, electrical principles, painting, roofing, facility maintenance, masonry, and other similar areas.
- Working knowledge of safety regulations, practices, and procedures.
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local hazardous waste governing instructions.
- Ability to interpret and apply blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, engineering drawings, and technical manuals.
- Skill in the use of hand tools, portable power tools, and a wide variety of test equipment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on customer and operational requirements.
- Working knowledge of standard office automation computer applications.
- Ability to use mail and message handling applications to retrieve information.
- Ability to work shift work and additional hours during exercises and contingencies.
- DoD National Agency Check required.
Minimum of five (5) years of work related experience
- SysCom, Inc. staff, executives and management.
- Serves as liaison between department and other departments as well as with outside customers, regulatory personnel, and organizations, etc.
HUBZoneResidents highly encouraged to apply! Preference may be given if you reside ina HUBZone. Click on the following link to see if you live in a HUBZone: HUBZoneMap https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=39.828200,-98.579500&zoom=5
Weare an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, veteran status, disability or national origin.