This position must provide a clean, comfortable, and welcoming environment for all students, staff, and visitors to Doss Aviation. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which help inhibit odors and the transference of germs. She/he may be required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to blood or other bodily fluids. The housekeeper must follow required procedures for securing, clean up, and disposition of such materials, in accordance with the OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standard and other safety guidelines instituted by SysCom. She/he must be a very detailed and customer service oriented individual. Following through on any issues or requests brought to your attention is vital.
This position demands good physical and mental health. The housekeeper will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and be available to work a flexible schedule. She/he must be responsible for attendance, punctuality and consistent work performance during scheduled work times.
• Proper and safe operation of cleaning equipment such as chemical applicators, vacuums or ozone machines.
• Maintain student rooms, hallways, and housekeeping areas in a sanitary and germ-free condition through washing, cleaning, and replacement of necessary materials, supplies, linens, and equipment.
• Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
• Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc. Be knowledgeable in the use of proper protective equipment and always cognizant of the location of the nearest MSDS binder.
• Utilize time management skills in organizing work day, ensuring assigned tasks will be completed in a timely fashion.
• Change linens, dust furniture, light fixtures, clean appliances, dust baseboards and restock rooms as scheduled.
• Empty trash containers daily.
• Wet mop floors in room bathrooms and vacuum carpets as scheduled.
• Clean wash basins, mirrors, toilets, tubs, and showers as scheduled.
• Check all vacant rooms as scheduled to keep fresh.
• Clean all air vents, heaters, and exhaust vents
• Report any needed repairs immediately to your supervisor (such as leaky faucets, toilets, loose tile, missing parts, furniture needing repair, or any other maintenance issues) and follow work order submission procedure.
• Check area for spills, water, etc. periodically, and report any problems to your supervisor.
• Follow instructions on use of all cleaning solutions and chemicals. All procedures for use will be included in employee training.
• Clean, organize, personalize, and restock your assigned cart, and assigned equipment.
• Encouraged to suggest ideas or changes in housekeeping for increased efficiency and cost effectiveness.
• Use safety precautions in all areas of housekeeping service and encourage others to do the same.