Communications & Data Technician (CDT)
Mission Essential Position. Provides support to the Chief of Combat Operations and Air Operations Center Crew/Flight to execute the CONR-1AF (AFNORTH) air defense mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Initiate and maintain Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN) teleconference used to communicate with the President, Vice President, Secretary of Defense, NORAD, and other national command authorities.
2. Control plasma and data wall displays to enhance situational awareness for operations floor personnel and battle staff.
- Ensure communications are established between interceptor aircraft and NORAD sector controllers and pass real-time updates to battle staff personnel. Support CONR-1 AF (AFNORTH) as a communications and data technician (CDT) by maintaining a combat mission ready (CMR) status in the position.
- Compile and disseminate reports and positional aids as required by Chief Combat Operations Division. Support the Chief of Combat Operations during air defense events by initiating and maintaining combined forces air component commander (CFACC) conference calls, set up displays for the AOC floor, monitor integrated warfare systems (IWS), Zircon chat, and live active-air defense intercept communications.
- Update Standardization-Evaluation checklists, training plan inputs, and job qualification standard updates.
- Utilize internal and external public announcement systems
- Function as Point of Contact (POC) for battle cab officers for the status of the CFACC, maintenance of equipment, key personnel phone listings, and the initiation of the recall of personnel during exercises and contingencies.
- This task requires working nights, weekends, and holidays, as necessary to meet operations requirements. Serve as a member of the continuity of operations plan (COOP) team. Non-core hours shall be required. Shift work shall be required Security Clearance is required for this position
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Desired: Combat Mission Ready (CMR) rating as a Communications & Data Technician (CDT) or related position.
Experience: 3 – 5 years Air Operations Center related work experience preferred
Computer Skills: Strong. Very proficient with Windows client operating System, Microsoft Office, Outlook, SharePoint.
Attendance, punctuality and consistent work performance are requirements during scheduled work times.
Drug Screen and Background Check: pass with ability to maintain throughout employment Must be team oriented and able to work unsupervised.
Requires rotational shift work, will cover all three shifts, works a non-standard work week.
The physical demandsdescribed here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essentialfunctions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to performthe essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employeeis regularly requiredto stand; use hands to finger, handle,or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job involves moving, bending, squatting, and walking. The employeewill be required to lift up and/or move up to 10 poundsfrequently and occasionally lift and/ormove up to 30 pounds. Specific visionabilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,depth perception and abilityto adjust focus.
HUBZone Residents highly encouraged to apply! Preference may be given if you reside in a HUBZone. Click on the following link to see if you live in a HUBZone: HUBZone Map https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=39.828200,-98.579500&zoom=5