Provide services to ensure uninterrupted system uptime for training suites to include related systems used in the preparation, planning and execution of theater air and space operations. Optimal operation of all hardware, software and applications resident or installed during the performance of contract, infrastructure services, training of applications and similar related technical support functions on the training suites.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Maintain an up-to-date library of technical resources for all hardware, software and applications associated with the ARC AOC WS training suite.
- Report and update the current and projected state of ARC AOC WS training suite’s technical capability and on various AOC issues to leadership.
- Ensure continued operations of integrated intelligence and C2 systems, such as Global Command and Controls System (GCCS), Theater Battle Management Core Systems (TBMCS) etc., within the ARC AOC WS training suite to meet mission requirements.
- Manage the training suite systems’ deployments and upgrades and associated hardware and software modifications.
- Maintain and administer Project Office configuration management, information assurance, sustainment and fielding processes and procedures.
- Support reserve personnel activities ensuring operations and personnel have system access to achieve efficient and effective training during unit’s assembly weekend training.
- Create and provide squadron-wide training support to upgrade knowledge and capabilities of the training suite. Provide staff support by advising the Commander (or designated personnel) and keeping them informed by providing position papers on various issues and
- Provide mission support the organization and activities as they evaluate, implement, and administer web-based courseware development and maintenance functions including systems, programs, projects and processes used to develop or sustain training systems and
- Conduct systems analysis and planning, development and execution of all programs that fall under purview and present findings to designated personnel on compliance reporting for information security policies.
- Provide leadership recommendations on enhancements to the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity processes. Provide periodic technical direction to other system administrators, analysts, and associates to ensure network security.
- Assist in implementing special projects on an ad-hoc basis including but not limited to: Network administration; major hardware and software installations on AOC WS training suite; Configuration management.
- Provide system security per the Site Security Plan and SPO Configuration Management to ensure the Weapon System installed meets the specified security and vulnerability standards.
- Perform system backup and data as unit mission directives dictate and IAW mission requirements.
- Provide customer support to resolve user access/technical issues. Log and track customer service calls and notify customer of expected resolution timeline.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires independent evaluation, selection and application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgement and ingenuity in making adaptations and modifications.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret information, government regulations, technical procedures, professional journals. Ability to write reports, correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must have T1 and T2 certification(s) IAW DoD Manual 8570.1-M (Security+ Certification)
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess an active Top-Secret security clearance.
- Drug Screen and Background Check: Pass with the ability to maintain throughout employment.
- Have a favorable National Agency Check (NACI) with inquiry.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with the latest version of UNIX OS.
- Minimum of 5 years’ system administrator experience working in an U.S. Air Force AOC,
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working with Microsoft Office including VISIO
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience using integrated intelligence and C2 systems, (GCCS) or TBMCS)
- U.S. Marine Corp Tactical Air Command Center (TAX or U.S. Navy Maritime Operations Center (MOC).
- SysCom, Inc. staff, executives and management.
- Serves as liaison between department and other departments as well as with outside customers, regulatory personnel, and organizations, etc.
HUBZone Residents highly encouraged to apply! Preference may be given if you reside in a HUBZone. Click on the following link to see if you live in a HUBZone: HUBZone Map https://maps.certify.sba.gov/hubzone/map#center=39.828200,-98.579500&zoom=5