Communications Focal Point - Help Desk Technician
Provide status monitoring, coordination, and reporting services for assigned Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems including those used by the AOC, battle control centers, Joint Air Defense Operations Center (JADOC), radars, radio sites, and aircraft alert.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
1. Act as the single focal point for communications problem resolution. Prepare daily reports and briefings as required. Maintain the Master Station Log. Monitor available tools for reportable incidents and status reporting, obtain clarification from originating agency, manage a historical database for trend analysis on outages, and provide leadership with accurate and timely information.
2. Conduct Authorized Service Interruption (ASI) coordination. Perform facility circuit information tracking system duties. Monitor system status applications for performance problems. Continuously track system and circuit status and advise leadership of outages.
3. Ensure periodic system checks are conducted on all systems to ensure full operational status. Assign, track, and prioritize job control numbers.
4. Coordinate with Information Operations (IO) team on all communications degradations and outages to help identify vulnerabilities, deliberate attacks, and alternate procedures.
5. Oversee and direct configuration management as required.
6. Obtain/maintain client system administrator (CSA) privileges/status. Enable first look troubleshooting when sitting position on AOC floor to include basic functions such as unlocking user accounts, organizational mailbox maintenance, and mapping drives and printers.
7. Open job tickets with 325th network control centers (NCC) and Air Education and Training Command (AETC) network operations security center (NOSC) agencies for resolution to mission critical system outages riding their domain.
8. May serve as a liaison with other departments and/or customers on assigned programs.
9. May provide leadership to lower level employees.
· Detailed knowledge of Network Operating Systems (NOS). Ability to install, configure, administer, and maintain NOSs.
· Detailed knowledge of desktop operating systems (OS) and desktop applications including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs.
· Ability to coordinate products between offices and track staff packages.
· Skill with communications requirements documents.
· Security clearance required.
3 years’ experience with circuit actions, installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, and repairing hardware, infrastructure, software, security patches, and equipment. Certification as an Information Assurance Technician Level II in accordance with DOD Directive 8570.01.
· SysCom, Inc. staff, executives and management.
· Serves as liaison between department and other departments as well as with outside customers, regulatory personnel, and organizations, etc.