Joint Interface Control Officer (JICO) Operations and Support
Perform tasks in program management, engineering, analysis, reporting and documentation support, project execution, data link operations and training in order to furnish required services and support to the government customer. Manage and support simultaneous tasks at various stages of development and completion at any given time throughout life of contract.
Major Activities (Typical Duties/Responsibilities)
- Program Management support: Maintain currency on all technical aspect of the command and control systems and inform Government COR of all significant changes and developments. Recommend innovative TTPs for improving data exchange system connectivity to improve situational awareness and CID.
- Engineering Support Capabilities: Provide support to identify datalink architecture and network design parameters. Support for Program JDN expertise and Joint Multi-TDL operational infrastructure point of contract for inter-service coordination. Support utilization of and training on operational equipment configurations. Support any additional information for operations directly to participants via alternate procedures as required. Assume role of network manager for tactical data link systems and develop architectures for support events. Ensure optimization of TDL systems in support of multi-platforms where applicable. Perform systems engineering to include research and development, to recommend integration, installation and training to support emerging capabilities, advanced programs missions, ISR integration and interoperability.
- Analysis Support: Provide technical support to local and support data link operations (DLO) and JICO for TDL operations. Review technical documentation.
- Reports Management and Documentation Support: Document, disseminate and ensure finished DICE products (classified and unclassified). Maintain, track and update applicable publications.
- Project Execution: Provide operations support of all resources and overseeing general operations needed to achieve stated test objectives. Work with Program Manager to conduct site surveys for site preparation of integration of AOC equipment. Provide field communications and frequency management support. Develop and deliver mission briefings and debriefings and review and update documentation.
- Formal Training: Provide academic and positional training instruction to JICC members and affiliated personnel. Plan and execute training sessions within prescribed course framework. Perform instruction in the classroom and validate student cognition to deliver training material and presentations. Organize, prepare and present academic instructions.
- Data Link Operations: Provide operational support of timely, accurate and complete forwarding of tactically actionable and relevant information of unique friendly, enemy, neutral and combat identification information into the JDN in accordance with unit TTPs, theater guidance and data owner security requirements. Provide support to identify, establish and maintain datalink architecture and network design parameters. Support the utilization of and training on operational equipment configurations. Provide primary support for identification of unique data and emerging capabilities that support tactical data lin and CID efforts. Perform systems engineering and recommend integration, test, installation, evaluation and training for sustainment and enhancement of existing architecture and network design for emerging capabilities, advanced program missions, integration and interoperability of CID into JDN. Provide primary engineering support for developing written recommended solutions for modernization and integration of ISR data link capabilities. Operate and administer data link C2 devices. Collaborate and integrate software and hardware into analysis and data links systems. Provide written recommendations, plan, integrate, and participate in applying advanced CID capabilities into exercise activities. Develop, coordinate, integrate, and train Concept of Operations (CONOP) and TTPs. Support onsite and virtual training datalink/C2 device operators. Provide oversight in the interpretation and publication of theater OPSTASLINKS. Design, implement and optimize deployment of C2 data link devices, antennas, and data link connections IAW applicable MILSTD. AFI and local TTP direction. Oversee development of TTPs.
- Possess operational knowledge with multisource correlation tools to include, but not limited to pH-1, TALON THRESHER, FADE MIST and AARDVARK
- Able to deploy to CENTOCM AOR locations including Forwarding Operating Bases on a temporary basis.
- Ability to maintain positional currency within the JICC.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess an active Top-Secret/SCI security clearance.
- Rated or Limited Duty Officer experience or other service equivalent.
- Previously qualified as a Formal Training Instructor
- Minimum of four (4) years’ tactical datalink experience
- Completed and hold a JICO or Advanced JICC Operators Course (AJOC) Qualification (issued by the JID)
- Bachelor’s degree or five (5) years’ experience with AOC or TACS systems.
- SysCom, Inc. staff, executives and management.
- Serves as liaison between department and other departments as well as with outside customers, regulatory personnel, and organizations, etc.