DSCA Cell Operations Manager (Lead)
Direct, manage, and maintain thedaily operations of the National Security and Emergency Preparedness (NSEP)Defense Support to Civil Authorities (DSCA) cell.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop policy, procedures, and conduct operational analysis of data processing equipment to ensure readiness. Provide 24/7 emergency response to DSCA cell for activation and alert notifications.
- Maintain the appropriate secure facility training, documents, and access list. Provide quarterly DSCA cell and information technology training to current staff and new EPLOs.
- Coordinate with Tyndall and AFNORTH staff for DSCA cell maintenance and information technology requirements required to execute the DSCA mission.
- Publish alert and notification rosters and activate NSEP recalls in support of disaster and exercise scenarios.
- Publish operational documents and NSEP staff contact list to the CONR-1AF (AFNORTH) portal.
- Assist the information technology staff with issuing, maintaining, and tracking 120 laptop computers, Blackberry devices, and broadband wireless cards for staff and EPLOs.
- Monitor NSEP web-based tools for content accuracy, update data, provide mission information, and coordinate procedures to improve mission reporting.
- Review and comment on DoD and service regulations, instructions, plans, and procedures. Compile and resolve comments from the NSEP staff for review by the NSEP Director.
- Monitor all information systems and activities available to include web sites, instant messaging/chat, communications systems, resources, and equipment statuses. Compile, coordinate, and forward information summaries to NSEP leadership.
- Work other than normal duty hours as required by the AFNORTH mission.
- May serve as a liaison with other departments and/or customers on assigned programs.
- May provide leadership to lower level employees.
- Detailed knowledge of DSCA Standard Operating Procedures, the National Incident Management System (NIMS), and USNORTHCOM, NORAD, and AFNORTH missions.
- Detailed knowledge of SharePoint information systems and the ability to create, populate, and maintain them.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Detailed knowledge of office automation software and hardware.
- Working knowledge of operational planning and experience with planning under NIMS.
- Active DOD Secret clearance required.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in preparing and executing emergency actions with a governmental agency.
- Training and experience working with Federal, local, state, and tribal agencies.
- Held a controlling qualification/certification.
- SysCom staff, executives and management.
- Serves as liaison between department and other departments as well as with outside customers, regulatory personnel, and organizations, etc.