Part Time - Janitor
Responsible for keeping buildings in a clean and orderly condition. Promote sanitary conditions that help inhibit odors and the transference of germs.
JOB DESCRIPTION (POSITION SUMMARY AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS):
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Move heavy furniture, equipment, and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Follow all safety/OSHA required guidelines
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education: High School Diploma/Equivalent
Experience: minimum 2 years janitorial/cleaning/related work experience
Computer Skills: Basic
Drug Screen and Background Check: pass with ability to maintain throughout employment
· Work Schedule may vary; position requires flexibility with schedule and days off, normally 4 to 6 hours per day
· Ability to lift-up to 30 lbs as necessary
· Must be responsible for attendance, punctuality and consistent work performance during scheduled work times.
· Employee will be exposed to various types of cleaning machinery and must be able to meet all physical requirements.
· Must be a responsible individual who is willing and able to follow direction and work with minimal supervision.
· Other Details: Professional office/work and laboratory atmosphere. Employee will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran